I have attempted to come up with 6 more! Here’s my attempt!
1. There’s a sort of bridge area that has a view overlooking the city; my dad used to take me there as a kid. Every Saturday morning, at 7 am, we’d go to Noah’s Bagels together for Yoohoos and blueberry bagels, and then go to the bridge to just look at the city. I’ve always had a fondness for it.
2. I (very briefly) worked at our city hall as a photographer’s assistant for some lawfirms’ Christmas parties.
3. The library downtown is beautiful, one of the best places to get lost in; my mom used to take me there all the time as a child.
4. I swear we have a different section of the city for every religion/ethnicity, it’s amazing. North Beach will always be my favorite, though.
5. The arts thrive here, and my parents made sure I took advantage of it; I was a part of a musical theater group for 4+ years as a child.
6. Despite wanting to get out, this isn’t a horrible place to be, in all honestly. It’s what you make of it, and the people that are with you, that matter the most.
1. I grew up in one of those cities that people tend to move to after they graduate from college, but I honestly want to leave it. Sort of a ‘start a new life on my own’ kind of thing, I think.
2. The all-girls high school I went to was a 10 minute walk from my house. Convenient for walking home, but it meant a freezing 7:30 am walk in my uniform each day to class.
3. I live fairly uptown, so I don’t go into the heart of the city much; as a result, the fog bank tends to encompass my house daily, and if I ever venture past my neighborhood, I’m always vastly over-dressed (in jackets, scarves, etc.).
4. I live 2 blocks away from the college that my brother now attends.
5. Learning to drive here is a challenge - hills, an overabundance of pedestrians in the street, and lots of sharp curves. The views are incredible though.
6. I’m sort of in the midpoint of California - 400 miles north is the snow, 400 miles south is the sun and surf.
1. My room consists of mostly floral pattern things, but I’m really not a huge fan of them. My mom used to always buy floral printed things for me, and I guess I just continue the theme unconsciously.
2. My favorite thing in my room is the star lantern I found downtown last Christmas with a good friend.
3. I really can’t stand a blank wall; all over my room, there are old album covers, bookshelves, twinkle lights, or photos that I’ve taken over the years.
4. I have this huge papasan chair I love, but every time I come home on holiday, I end up tossing all my clothes there, so I rarely get to sit in it. I guess it’s because I never really unpack anymore.
5. I only have a twin bed, but I somehow manage to share it with my 80+ pound dog every night :)
6. I have a miniature collection of film cameras and lenses on my bookshelf, which I’ve always been meaning to get fixed, but just haven’t gotten around to.
7. My closet is a small walk-in of everything from high school - shoe boxes of old memories, clothes from the past, stack upon stack of old comic books, but I can’t seem to let myself give anything away.
8. At a young age, I started tearing out magazine and calendar pages to use for collages for my walls, which I still do today. National Geographic and travel magazines are my favorites.
9. I’m extremely particular about pillows - there always must be one firm, and one soft (preferably down-filled).
10. I can never seem to get rid of old art from friends and people of my past, even if the memory I have of them is painful. I think I hang onto these things because the memory of when I received them is meaningful, and I like to look back on times that were good.